15 Minute Stir Fry Bowl
If you want to eat healthy but find the meal prep a bit time consuming this stir fry is the perfect solution! It literally takes 10 to 15 minutes to make (depending on how fast you chop) and is packed with fresh vegetables and healthy fats. This is one of my favourite things to make for dinner if I’ve had a long day – and as an added bonus its cheaper, quicker, and healthier than takeout.
- 1 carrot cut length ways and sliced.
- 1 zucchini cut length ways and sliced.
- 1 red capsicum sliced.
- 1 cup of pumpkin cut into cubes.
- 1 cup of green beans chopped
- 1 bag of fresh rocket leaves (organic if possible)
- 1 large avocado cut into cubes.
- 1 fresh lime
- 3 cloves of garlic (or 4-5 small cloves)
- 1 Tblsp of fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tblsp of sesame oil
- 2 Tblsp of tamari or soy sauce
- Crush the garlic cloves (or finely grate them if you don’t have a garlic press)
- Grate the fresh ginger.
- Chop the vegetables as directed above.
- Coat a large pan or wok with the sesame oil (coconut oil is a good alternative if you prefer a milder flavour).
- Heat on the stove top and add the grated ginger and garlic. Stir for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add the pumpkin and carrot and cook for a few minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the green beans and capsicum and good for a few minutes.
- Add the zucchini in with the rest of the veggies.
- Add the tamari and a bit of water if needed to coat the veggies.
- Cook for a few more minutes until the zucchini is just turning transparent and remove from the heat.
- In two bowls add a handful of the fresh rocket leaves.
- Divide the stir fried veges between the two bowls and place on top of the fresh rocket.
- Divide the cubed avocado between the two bowls and place on the veggies.
- Add a good squeeze of fresh lime juice to each bowl (coat the avocado).
Mix it Up
- Use fresh baby spinach instead of rocket for a sweeter bowl.
- Add some protein like grass fed beef strips or organic chicken.
- For a heartier meal switch out the rocket for rice (check out our blog on the health benefits of black rice).
- Spice it up with some fresh chili peppers!
Want More Healthy Recipes?
Check out our news and updates page to access our free recipes and meal ideas.
Got a Niggling Health Concern?
Contact our Naturopath Carly and book your initial health assessment and consultation today! As a naturopath Carly can create a personalised treatment plan encompassing nutrition, lifestyle, and when indicated herbal and nutritional medicine to help you reach your health goals.