Nut Free Protein Balls
Protein balls are a great option if you’re looking for a nutritious and tasty snack that will keep you feeling satisfied between meals. These guys are nut free, while still being rich in vitamins and minerals that support digestive health, immunity, and metabolism. We love protein balls because they taste great, are easy to prepare, and they make a great lunchbox treat!
- 8 medjool dates, pitted.
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup of clean pea protein powder
- 1/4 cup of organic raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup of coconut butter or cold-pressed organic coconut oil
- Place the dates and sunflower seeds into a food processor and combine until smooth.
- Add the coconut, pea protein powder and cacao powder into the food processor and process until you get a crumbly texture.
- Add the coconut butter or coconut oil and mix again until the mixture is soft and doughy.
- Roll the dough into bite size balls (you should get about 16).
- For added texture you can roll the balls in some shredded coconut or crushed cacao nibs.
- Place in the refrigerator to set.