Our Favourite Bircher Muesli
Bircher Muesli is a perfect way to start your day, packed full of fibre omega 3, and protein as well as essential vitamins and minerals. Soaking the oats, nuts, and seeds overnight ‘activates’ them, making it easy for your digestive system to maximize nutrient absorption. This yummy breakfast will keep you feeling nourished throughout the morning while helping support digestive health. The best thing is it’s quick and easy to prepare!
- 2 cups of gluten free organic oats
- 1/2 cup of raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons of organic sultanas
- 1/4 cup of white chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of organic blueberries
- 1 medium green apple grated
- 500mL organic coconut water
- 1/2 cup of natural greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Slightly crush the raw almonds into large chunks and put into a bowl with the oats, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, sultanas and cinnamon. Add the grated apple and blueberries and gently mix the ingredients so they are evenly distributed. In a separate bowl combine the coconut water and yoghurt and then pour it over the muesli mixture until it is fully covered. The chia seeds and oats will soak up the liquid, so don’t worry if it looks like there is too much. Cover the mix or place it in an airtight container in the fridge and allow to soak overnight.
- Serve with toasted coconut flakes, fresh fruit natural yogurt, and honey to taste.
- Swap out the organic sultanas with dried cranberries or goji berries for a different taste.
- Swap out the yogurt for coconut milk for a dairy free option.